By following our vaccination program your feline friend will be protected from:
Feline Viral Rhinotraceitis
- A very common virus often referred to as Cat Flu
- The virus is airborne so is very easily transferred from one cat to another via coughing, sneezing etc.
- Symptons include fever, loss of appetite, nasal and ocular discharge, breathing difficulties and sneezing
- Cats that have had this illness will continue to carry the virus even when they no longer show symptons, the illness will continue to reoccur throughout their lifetime and they can pass it on to other cats.
- The virus causes symptons that are also referred to as Cat Flu, it is highly contagious and very common.
- The virus causes ulcers within the mouth and on the tongue, loss of appetite, pneumonia, sneezing and discharge from the eyes.
- There is no known cure for this virus and infected cats will continue to be contagious to other cats throughout their lifetime.
- Infected cats may well have problems associated with the disease.
- This disease is potentially fatal and is very difficult to treat.
- It causes diarrhoea, vomiting, severe dehydration and fever.
- Infected cats will spread the disease to other cats in the area
- The disease can live up to one year in the environment
- Treatment is often not successful, zovirax therefore vaccination against this disease is vital
- Your cat can carry this disease for months without showing any symptoms; during this time they can spread it to other cats they come in contact with. This disease is fatal.
- The virus results in your cat being more susceptible to a range of health problems from bacterial infections through to some types of cancers.
- There is no known cure for this virus; therefore vaccination is the best weapon we have against this fatal condition.